Interior Texture: Fall Leaves
Fall Is Here
Fall is here. As I suppose the most beautiful season of the year with its colorful natural texture. The leaves turn into different fall colors: yellow, brown, orange, purple, and maroon, even grey. It is always great to watch the nature changes, the leaves turning to other colors, but because of our busy days and life, we sometimes do not notice such things, that’s why it will be just right, if you have something made by your hands as a seasonal memento in your interior.
You might be filled with good bags of leaves that you collected form your last field trip to the mountains, forest, or just from the picnic and you turned your attention to some fall options, and found that a few pressed leaves and a little paint can look magical.
Fall Leaves Picture Craft
- pressed leaves
- acrylic paint
- sticky tack
- canvas board or cardboard
1. Select some autumn leaves that have already been pressed and flattened in a book. Lay them on a canvas board or piece of cardboard. Once you are happy with the layout, place a small amount of sticky tack under each leaf to help hold them in place.
2. Gently dip a sponge in undiluted gold paint and apply on and around each leaf. Make sure you hold each one down with your fingers as you apply the paint because even though you have used sticky tack, they may still move around a bit. Keep in mind that the way you apply the sponge can create different textures. Once all the paint has been applied, remove the leaves and sticky tack, and allow to dry.
A Leaf Print
3. You can, of course, apply colors around the leaf print to give the canvas more texture or keep it as it is.
4. Then frame it. The frames can really match the interior color scheme of the room.
Now it is time to find a great spot for a great object to display, either on the wall of your room, or as an assemblage at the table, or shelf. It is always your choice to decorate the room your own way, by your own desire, and taste. Be sure that any of your handmade works will look as great as any professional and purchased art work.