6 Tips to Decorate Windows for Christmas
Along with the external decoration, windows are an ideal way to display your holiday cheer to all passersby. Window space is ideal for fancy elegant holiday decorations. You can hang snowflakes, Christmas decorations, garlands on the windows to guarantee the festive mood.
How to Decorate Windows for Christmas
Windows decoration for Christmas holidays
Here are some helpful tips, ideas and instructions on how to decorate windows for the winter holidays:
- Take a skein of strong fishing line and hang 5-6 ribbon decorations of different lengths and at different heights.
- Place candles of different lengths on every windowsill. You can use electric or battery-powered candles for safety. The flames of candles will create mysterious atmosphere. Using four or five candles on the window will allow to get extra light in the room at night, and will create a fabulously glamorous look in your home for neighbours and passersby.
- Particular attention should be paid to the Christmas curtains. This is a wonderful way to liven up your windows for the holidays. If you cannot find something suitable for your windows, use traditional universal color composition – red, green and white.
- Artificial snow can also be used to create magical inscriptions on your windows. Various phrases or snowflakes on each window will create a festive atmosphere.
- Paint your windows with tooth powder. Mix it with water to form a paste of thick consistency. Take a brush and start drawing on the windows. If something goes wrong you can easily remove the pattern when it has dried.
- Fix Christmas balls with bows on the curtains. Run a ribbon through an eyelet of the ball, tie it in a beautiful bow and gently fix the composition on the curtain with a small pin.
In order to achieve an absolutely perfect look of your windows, take the time to constantly check the decorated windows outside the house. When you look at your home through the eyes of a passerby, you can find subtle little details that you can add or, conversely, remove, to turn an ordinary Christmas window into the holiday masterpiece. Try using different design options for every window and ask friends and neighbors to choose the best.