Wire Art in Home Interior
Working with wire is an art. Wire art refers to the creation of sculptures or jewelry out of wire. Because the needed tools are simple, wrapped wire sculpture can be learned and performed in home studios. You can become an innovative sculptor and designer inventing your own new forms of wire sculpture as you explore for your home interior or it can become your favorite hobby. Take pride in being different and create something totally new.
Wire in Home Interior
Making Wire Sculptures
As you may understand before starting something new and unfamiliar, you will need to learn the process of working with the wire.
- Explore wire bending peculiarities and techniques
- Safety first. Loose wire can be a hazard to eyes. It is recommended that you work with foot-long, pipe-cleaner length of wire.
- Start with simple materials. Plastic coated telephone wire is helpful for beginners. The different color strands will help you see what is going on as you blend wires together.
- Use other props, such as pencils, markers, pens, and other forms around which you might wrap the wire to create new shapes, like loops and curves.
- You may want to try to work with an assortment of different kinds of wire.
- It is better to start with a drawing, then lay the wire on it and push it around and shape it to conform to the image.
- Discover the wire. See how many different ways you can attach the wire to itself, and how strong or weak are the results. What will happen if you combine two or more different types of wire?
- Just remember, any time you are not satisfied with what you make, you can always take it apart and start over.
Start creating your own wire sculpture matching your home interior. Do not be afraid or hesitate to start something new, unusual, and different in your life. Experiment with wire and make it your hobby!