DIY: Cozy and Cute No-Sew Pillow
Who wouldn’t love to have something new and cozy in their home, something that will make it a sweet looking place that will make you and the kids happy? You can make your couch full of pillows and enjoy them for months to come. The kids like hugging them, sit on them, throw, and play with them all day long, especially, if they are made by you for them.
Many pillow patterns require detailed sewing and embroidery. If you do not want to use a sewing machine, then you can create a pillow cover with fleece. Fleece also comes in a variety of colors and patterns, such as spots, stripes, or cartoon characters.
Old T-Shirt Pillows
It is quick and easy to make cute and sweet-looking pillows. It is like a magic trick. You can be a magician! The secret of your magic is knots. The pieces are tied together, which makes it simple to complete in a short peiod of time and good enough to give to a best friend, or to decorate your couch.
What you will need:
- Fleece (or any preferable soft fabric or an old T-shirt)
How to make it
- Cut 2 identical shapes (any shape you would like a pillow to be) from the fleece. To allow for a 4-inch fringe, make sure to cut the shape 8 inches larger than you want your finished pillow to be.
- Measure and draw the fringe that’s about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long on one of the cut shapes, using chalk.
- Stack two cut shapes with your lines on top. Cut the fringe, through both layers of fleece, stopping at the end of the lines.
- You may start to tie the fringe at any side of your shape, especially, if it is a square. If you decided to have a heart-shaped pillow, then begin at the bottom point of the heart and tie the top piece of fringe to the bottom piece by double-knotting them. Continue on the side of the pillow. Make sure you use a double knot for the fringes. Leave some space untied in order to fill the pillow.
- After you finish tying the case, you may start stuffing it with fiberfill. Tie the remaining fringes. Brush off any chalk that still shows.
- Find a spot for the pillow where it will look adorable.