Stripes Interior Passion
Black and White with Some Green Accent
The stripes are my great passion. I can be held by the decorative interior chic of black and white stripes, especially. The combination of these colors is simple yet graphic, timeless while modern, classic and edgy at the same time. It is a great and high contrast of stripes.
Stripes Interior Design
One of the superior things about stripes is that they are miscellaneous. They may be elegant if they are tone-on-tone or wild if they are bright and bold. It is very classic when the stripes are the same width, and modern when they are all different.
When it comes to stripes you are already committing to something bold so do not be afraid to use them in small spaces, on the walls, on the ceiling, on the floor and just about anywhere, you feel it. The stripes have the power to reshape a room depending on how they are used, and plus they give crisp, polished element to a space. The best way to use stripes is to mix beautifully with solids, floral, and other patterns meaning they can be used just about anywhere. No matter, you use them in a traditional way or totally modern and contemporary way, to decorate with stripes is a marvelous way to get a decorator look and bring some order to the space.
Where to Use Stripes
Stripes work anywhere and everywhere. Here are a few places:
Vertical or Horizontal?
Which One to Choose?
When it comes to choose which stripes you would like to have in your room, you automatically start thinking of the vertical stripes, since these stripes have been the common way. They create the illusion of height thereby making ceilings appear higher than they truly are. Horizontal stripes are a little more acute and modern than vertical stripes. They make the rooms feel wider and can lengthened spaces. If you play with the colors of the stripes, horizontal stripes can be considered more playful. The use of a variety of colors and widths, they feel bold, fun, and fresh.
Decorating with Stripes
- In small areas, it is better to use strong colors. If you are afraid to accomplish to a large space, a foyer or a powder room is a good place for tryouts.
- Try to avoid using the colors that clash. Since the stripes are graphic enough on their own to create impact, so it is important to use colors that either contrast, or come from the same color family.
- When decorating with stripes take into consideration the size of the room. The bigger room is, the wider stripes should be. Thin stripes can look interfered.
- Mixing wide and skinny horizontal stripes work really well on the walls of rec rooms and children’s rooms. They create a very playful look.
- Floors are terrific places to include stripes. Striped area rugs add a great graphic element. If you do not want a large area covered, try a runner, a doormat, or layer a small area rug over another existing rug.
- If you are nervous about decorating with stripes, start small. Including a striped vase, lampshade, or other decorative element can be a super way to introduce the pattern into a room.
There are many ways to get your stripes on, so look at these rooms inspiration and do something fun.
Horizontal Stripes in the Interior
Vertical and Horizontal Stripes in Furniture
Stripes Accent in Furniture
Vivid and Bright